In mid-September, the California legislature wrapped up year one of a two-year legislative session. Several dozen bills related to housing were passed, including several high-profile bills and bills to authorize statewide ballot measures related to housing.
On Tuesdsay, October 10, 2023, the Terner Center for Housing Innovation hosted a webinar discussion with an expert panel of California housing advocates to discuss the session. We shared key points from our recent commentary and gained insights from our panelists on the implications of the different bills.
– Marina Wiant, VP of Government Affairs at California Housing Consortium
– Cornelious Burke, VP of Legislative Affairs at the California Building Industry Association
– Mahdi Manji, Director of Public Policy at Inner City Law Center
– Michael Lane, State Policy Director at SPUR
– Muhammad Alameldin, Policy Associate UC Berkeley Terner Center (moderator)